We Are Aeris
Our name ‘Aeris’ comes from the Latin word for copper, which is where our story began. We are an ASX listed diversified mining and exploration company with copper and gold operations in Australia. Our expanding portfolio, development projects, and exploration prospects make Aeris an exciting, growing company.
Our strategy is clear, and we are committed to growth.
We are focused. We know where we are going, and we need you to help us get there.
We are ambitious. Through production, exploration, and acquisition.
We are one team. We live our values and do what we say we are going to do.
We want you to be part of our success
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the successful candidate will coordinate day-to-day health and safety activities and implement health and safety programs. Success will be achieved by effective collaboration and applying your knowledge through influence and mentoring. Responsibilities as a member of our close-knit team will include:
- Providing best practice guidance and support to all departments in health and safety.
- Developing line management capability in delivering their safety accountabilities.
- Providing facilitation and assistance in incident investigation, risk management processes, safety meetings and development of safe work practices.
- Monitoring action plans developed from incidents, audits, workplace inspections, task observations and safety meetings.
- Undertaking internal safety management system audits and participating in external regulatory audits when required.
- Assisting in maintenance and implementation of the HSE Management System framework.
- Supporting injury management/return-to-work programs where required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Diploma in Work Health and Safety, or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment desired.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Formal qualifications and experience in risk management, management systems auditing and/or investigation (e.g. ICAM methodology) would be advantageous, as would an understanding of NSW Worker’s Compensation legislation.
Skills and Experiences:
Tritton Copper Operations employs more than 400 people and is located in Hermidale in Western New South Wales. Tritton has two underground copper mines (Tritton and Murrawombie) and is forecast to produce 22,000 tonnes copper metal in FY2022.
Tritton is a key employer within the region and a proud supporter of the community. We are a residential mine that allows you to be home each night to either Cobar or Nyngan. Accommodation support is provided as well as company transport from both towns to the operation. Both Nyngan and Cobar are family friendly communities, with a variety of shops, gyms, and sporting activities as well as primary and high schools.
Our mine has opportunity written all over it. Your opportunity starts now.
If you have the above experience and qualifications, please click APPLY to lodge your application.