Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Growth Planner is responsible for providing effective and efficient liaison with internal and external stakeholders with the objective of facilitating the continuing sustainable development of the region.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Assist in the preparation of LEP’s and DCP’s.
- Apply relevant legislation, Strategic Land Use Policy, LEP’s and DCP’s accurately in the assessment of Planning proposals and provision of advice.
- Assist in the preparation of a wide range of Council strategic planning documents including strategies and Master Plans.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Developer Contributions Plans.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of Council’s Integrated Planning and Reporting Framework.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Well developed computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
You are professional, motivated and proactive. You have excellent communication with strong time management skills. Additionally, you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You are a team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $77,595-$90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 24 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Growth Planning – 02 6801 4670