Combine your Fitness experience with your passion for Aged Care
Make a positive impact & promote a healthy living for Seniors
Casual + travel
Why you’ll love working with us:
- An opportunity to build a career with a successful growing values-based organisation;
- Be part of a supportive and inclusive ‘people first’ culture; and
- Great salary packaging opportunities and other benefits.
We have a new exciting opportunity for Group Fitness Instructors to join our team in 2022! Reporting to the Business Manager of our Health and Wellness Team, you will assist with the development and implementation of exercise programs to enrich the lives of our clients. Following the Catholic Healthcare Community Services Health & Wellness Program guidelines to facilitate engaging classes including light cardiovascular, strengthening, flexibility, coordination and balance training. You will understand the importance of respect, trust and empathy and have the skills to communicate effectively and motivate our clients to live a healthy and active lifestyle, assisting them to live their best life.
To be successful for the role you will have:
- Minimum Certificate III in Fitness
- Current Drivers Licence and registered and insured motor vehicle
- Previous experience in facilitating seniors exercise programs
- Experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating fitness programs
- Flexibility to adjust and adapt exercises to suit individual participants abilities and goals as required
- Understanding of the exercise principles in Falls Prevention for seniors
- Ability to monitor individuals throughout the classes and adapt programs where necessary.
- Educate, support and nurture participants during the classes to provide a meaningful, supportive and fun exercise environment
- Understanding of the different forms of exercise suitable for seniors and the ability to be able to teach/facilitate these safely within the sessions
- Understanding of when to refer individuals to other supports if required such as other Catholic Healthcare Services, physiotherapy, fall prevention programs, Doctors etc.
- A strong work ethic along with a sense of fun
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain on employment
- Evidence of Covid vaccination
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of around 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping our customers to live life to its fullest every day.
So, if you’re looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we’re looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we’ll be in touch.