Careers at Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Grader Operator is required to skilfully operate the Grader and coordinate the on-site day to day resource requirements in order to ensure efficient project/program delivery. This includes the coordination, sourcing and supervision of required resources – plant, labour, materials and customer liaison with the public and others about works progress.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Drive and operate grader competently to shape earthworks, trim to specification etc;
- Coordinate, source and supervise required resources – plant, labour, materials;
- Liaise with the public and others about works progress;
- Undertake civil works and plant maintenance as per manufacturer’s guidelines;
- Competently use GPS equipment; and
- Comply with safety requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Class MR Drivers Licence and Plant operator competence in graders and a number of other plant items including mechanical aptitude;
- Appropriate work related (civil assets) experience, such as plan reading and materials selection;
- Supervision skills, including the ability to effectively lead a small team and exercise appropriate verbal communication skills;
- General administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy, numeracy, customer service and basic computer skills; and
- WorkCover construction induction card, Traffic Controller card and Implement Traffic Control Plan card.
You will be an experienced large plant operator, with a demonstrated high level of communication skills. Additionally, you will have practical civil construction experience.
You will be a team player who continually shows positive leadership and looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $64,721 – $75,218 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 31 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Infrastructure Delivery on 6801 4830 until 9 January 2022, and Council Operations Engineer on 6801 4832 from 10 January until the closing date.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
2. On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
3. Please note that once you start to complete your application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you are ready.
4. All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)