Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Gardener Cemeteries is to assist the Team Leader in providing beneficial and cost efficient horticultural maintenance and installation service to the Local Government Area of Dubbo Regional Council. The position will also be required to coordinate funeral servicing for the Dubbo area which will involve the programming of funeral service works, digging and filling of grave plots and contractor supervision.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide horticultural services and maintenance in accordance with Agreed Briefs and Maintenance Service Levels ensuring all operations are technically sound, up to date and cost effective.
- Interpret customer/client requirements and meet those requirements within policy/procedure framework.
- To provide work related guidance and planning for cemetery maintenance to assist the Coordinator provide an efficient and effective service, together with promoting a positive image of Council.
- To inspect assets for compliance with current maintenance service level specification
- Safely and effectively use and maintain a range of small plant and equipment for the purpose of maintaining cemetery grounds and digging grave plots.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate 3 in Horticulture or related field or have the ability to attain the qualification with 2 years
- Experience programming and undertaking funeral service operations.
- Experience in maintaining high profile horticulture assets such as those found in cemeteries, parks and reserves.
- Effective supervisory skills, experience in running small teams to meet and maintain agreed standards of performance.
- Experience using small plant, large commercial mowers and backhoes.
- Effective communication skills.
Council seeking someone who is reliable, trustworthy and can demonstrate initiative. Also, someone who is safety focused, team oriented and works to a high standard. You will need to be physically fit, enjoy working outdoors and be able to take direction with an eye for detail and qualifications and experience in Horticulture and cemetery operations.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $60,848- $70,715 per annum plus superannuation and industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 15 August 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Greenspace Operations on 6801 4710.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)