At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
About the role
Our Dubbo branch is seeking to grow its team of qualified and experienced Plant Mechanic’s. Work with industry leaders to support customers across mining, agriculture, construction, marine and forestry. Whether you are wanting to relocate to Dubbo, looking for a new challenge or know someone who wants to join the WesTrac dream team, we are looking to employ skilled and qualified Field Service Plant Mechanic to join our fast-paced team here in Dubbo.
We have 2 x permanent full-time positions, both Monday to Friday which are both family friendly rosters of 10 hours days, with the opportunity to work reasonable additional overtime as required. A Plant Mechanic opportunity at WesTrac will provide you with the experience to develop your skills with the following;
- Repair, maintain and service CAT machinery
- Perform diagnostic assessments on equipment across mining, agriculture, construction and forestry
- Work as part of a skilled and driven team and get hands on experience with a variety of different CAT equipment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cert III Plant Mechanic – Trade qualification
- Basic computer skills
- Sound working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment is highly regarded
- Ability to work autonomously if required
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills, with a commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Demonstrates the WesTrac SPARC values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect and Customer
- Nationally accredited Forklift, Dogman, and Working at Height tickets
Rewards & Benefits
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Further training and development opportunities
- 15% Field Service allowance (Field Service only)
- Refer a friend program $$$
- Competitive and above award base hourly rate
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Discounts with Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle, plus supplementary training at our RTO.
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) – This is available for you and your family.
- Fitness Passport for you and your family.
- Annual remuneration review for all staff
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact NSW Recruitment on 1300 797 028 and reference Job No. 882893
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.