Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Excavator Operator where you will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of the on site, day to day, resource requirements for sub crews in order to ensure efficient project / programme delivery. You will be responsible for skillfully operating specialised equipment, coordinating the timely supply of resources and liaising with the public and others about works progress.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide assistance to, or as required, act as the Works Ganger in undertaking day to day coordination of plant, labour, materials resources for activities.
- Obtain and respond to client and public requests for information and assistance with works matters.
- Ensure compliance with and efficient implementation of Council policies and procedures as it applies to programmes assigned.
Undertake the following duties in regards to civil works:
- traffic control
- pot hole patching
- heavy patching
- road construction/maintenance
- minor sealing works
- footpath work
- pipe laying
- concrete work
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Appropriate work related (civil assets) experience.
- Minimum Class MR Drivers Licence and plant operator competence in backhoe/loader/excavator operation including mechanical aptitude.
- Construction Induction Card and Traffic Controller and Apply Traffic Control Plans tickets.
- General administrative skills demonstrating a competent level of literacy and numeracy and basic computer skills.
- Good customer service and verbal communication skills.
You will have an exceptional work ethic with a strong focus on safety and working efficiently. You will have a good understanding of Council’s civil works and be able to competently dig trenches, load trucks and shape earthworks as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $59, 655 – $69, 329 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 2 August 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Operations Coordinator East on 6840 6410.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)