Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay. That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and livability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
This position provides a range of services, controls and public education processes for the protection of the community against physical danger, environmental hazard and discomfort and exposure to health risks. The position aims to protect, preserve and enhance the natural and built environment within the Dubbo Regional Council Local Government Area. This is achieved through detailed assessment of development applications and regulation and enforcement of relevant legislation.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Conduct Environmental and Health assessments of Development applications.
- Assess and monitor compliance of section 68 approvals.
- Develop, implement and review relevant Council plans and policies relevant to the position.
- Conduct Food Safety and Public Health inspections.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Science or related discipline. Applicants nearing completion of their degree will be given consideration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed computer literacy and administration skills.
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and policy relevant to the Environment and Health functions of Council.
- Previous experience in environmental and health assessment, investigation and enforcement (Specialist).
You will be a dedicated and experienced Environmental Health professional, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government Organisation. You will have experience in assessing the health and environmental impacts of proposed developments and be confident to interpret and enforce legislative requirements when required.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rated), access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Novated Vehicle Leasing
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $83,291 – $96,798 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 21 June 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Environmental Compliance – 6801 4630
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)