NSW Government NSW Point to Point Commission
The Point to Point Transport Commission is the industry regulator for taxis and hire vehicles within the state of New South Wales.We work with industry to ensure they have the knowledge and capability to implement and maintain their own safety management and promote industry compliance.
About the team
The Education and Engagement team supports the Commissioner through stakeholder engagement, communications and education, and acts as the conduit between the Commissioner and service providers.
We have a Dubbo based opportunity for an Education and Engagement Officer to join our Engagement and Education team, where you will develop and deliver online and in-person education and stakeholder engagement initiatives. Important in this role is assisting industry stakeholders in understanding their safety obligations in complying with the point to point transport law and utilise the Commissioner’s online learning tools.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Develop innovative, online and outreach education and engagement material, tools and initiatives to support the industry in understanding and complying with point to point transport law.
- Effectively manage the development and delivery of multiple education and stakeholder engagement projects through education, training and information sessions aimed at educating point to point transport service providers and stakeholders in complex regulatory law through easy to understand and digest educational modules regarding legislation compliance.
- Represent the branch/function at a regional level and communicate information and advice to a diverse range of stakeholders to improve understanding of the Commission’s regulatory role and compliance with the legislation.
- Liaise and consult with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective development and delivery of appropriate educational material and stakeholder engagement sessions that meet the changing requirements and new priorities of evolving projects.
- Identify and provide timely advice and contribute to discussions with the Manager and the branch/function on innovative education and engagement opportunities as required.
It is preferred that you have a relevant tertiary qualification or extensive, demonstrated, relevant, equivalent professional experience which should include aspects of learning and development, adult education and training.
You will have extensive experience in developing and delivering adult education programmes and webinars, and consulting and engaging with stakeholders.
As a self-starter you can work autonomously and to deadlines on a range of different tasks concurrently. You have a high attention to detail and are proficient in written and oral communications.
Salary and Benefits
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Tuesday 7th December 2020
?We are the community we serve
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
We enable our people to work in ways that work for them and their teams. Working virtually and from different locations including regional locations, staggering work hours and job sharing are just some of the ways our people can work flexibly.
Please contact the Talent Specialist below if you require any adjustments to be made to how you interact with us throughout the recruitment process or would like to discuss flexible work options.
For any enquiries, please email Patrick Fergus McManus at FERGUS.MCMANUS@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Find out more about Point to Point Transport Commission at https://www.pointtopoint.nsw.gov.au/.