About the opportunity
At WesTrac, we’re made for more of what matters most. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
We are currently seeking Auto Electrician’s for several locations across our NSW operations. This will include workshop and site-based opportunities. This role will see you support our largest mining customers across NSW with excellent career growth opportunities up for grabs.
The successful applicant(s) will join one of our high performing teams that ensure customer satisfaction, technician productivity, efficiency, safety, workshop housekeeping and job quality. You will have strong drive, motivation and direction to succeed and be able to work in a safety conscious environment.
Attracting a variety of allowances, dependant on location.
The successful applicant(s) for this role, will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different rosters dependant on location, including Lifestyle, Monday-Friday & Day shift only.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing electronic diagnostics and identifying faults
- Familiar with CAT equipment (desirable)
- Assembling and installing electrical and electronic systems on CAT machinery
- Setting a leadership standard by living our values of Safety, Pride, Accountability, Respect & Customer
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean and compliant work environment
What we’re looking for
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Trade qualified Auto Electrician or extensive industry experience
- Caterpillar equipment experience and product knowledge will be highly regarded
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Supportive and “can do” attitude
- Experience with Auto Electrical fault finding and diagnostics
- Dedicated to maintaining safe work practices and environment
At WesTrac, we’re made for more. More time with family and friends, more training, more opportunities and more challenges to see you expand your skillset. In addition to joining a family of over 4000 team members, you’ll get access to the below benefits to allow you to get more out of your career.
- Competitive base hourly rate + annual remuneration review
- Flexi Time opt in option – accrue additional leave
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- LSL accessible after 7 years
- Fitness Passport for the whole family
- Wellness Program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Further Education Assistance Program
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $3000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
Our recruitment process includes an interview, pre-employment medical, reference checking and national police check.
For further information regarding this role and how we can tailor this opportunity to you, please contact Becci Cooper on 0456 642 902.