Life Without Barriers
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Dubbo & Central NSW
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the Role
Working in a Supported Independent Living setting in Dubbo, you will support our clients in their homes with various activities including daily living, community participation, personal care, domestic duties and taking them to appointments as required. The shifts are across a 24/7 rotating roster with a 50 hour per fortnight permanent part-time opportunity and a casual position. To be considered for these roles, you must be willing to work a variety of shifts including active nights and weekends.
- Assist clients to explore and participate in community-based activities particularly sports, such as swimming and walking
- Increase the client’s choice and independence
- Establish relationships with clients, their families, and supporters
- Support clients to manage their health, including mental health
- Manual handling, including operation of hoists
- Complete documentation and reporting requirements
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted NSW Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Sound computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to client support plans and complete documentation
- Join an organisation that champions diversity, inclusivity and equality
- An hourly rate from $29.12 + super for permanent part-time and $36.40 for casual positons
- On-going training opportunities in a supportive and collaborative team environment
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
In accordance to the Public Health Order mandatory vaccination may be required based on where you live or where you may work. Evidence of this will be required at probity check stage.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 19th December 2021
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: 06 Dec 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Dec 2021 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time