Connecting Families’ vision and purpose is to bring communities together to ultimately create a better life for children, adults and families. We possess a strong belief that every individual need is of the utmost importance and our entire team is committed on delivering this promise.
Supporting our vision are our CARE core values of Capability, Authenticity, Respect and Empowerment. It creates the foundation on not just what we do but how we come together. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care to our clients and each other.
Sitting within our Disability Support division, the Support worker will play an instrumental role in the effective delivery of supporting services to clients with complex health needs, ageing clients and vulnerable people requiring support within the community.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- In-home and independent living support
- Supervised contact
- Transport services
- Develop positive relations with children and young people in care by helping them build their sense of self-regard, community inclusion and life skills
- Encourage the development of social skills, both communication and social activities
- Respite and emergency care
- Assist with personal wellbeing and lifestyle management
- Ad hoc general household tasks as required
As the Disability Support Worker, you are a caring and passionate person who is looking to make a difference in the lives of those around you. You are also positive in nature and possess empathy for young adults and children in our care. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience working within a Youth Service or Disability care environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Strong Interpersonal skills will enable you to engage and build strong relationships with clients
- A clear understanding and awareness of privacy and confidentiality principles
- Ability to work various shifts (including sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Certificate IV or higher in Community Services or Disability
- Current Police and Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) (or willing to obtain)
- First Aid Certificate
Perks of the role
Connecting Families prides itself on its culture. Our people are the life-blood of our business and with that, you will be exposed to the following perks:
- Be part of a supportive family-like environment
- Multiple shifts a week
- Opportunities to grow internally
- Access to discounts and perks from hundreds of retailers Australia-wide
If you are passionate about bringing out the best version of yourself and in others, join us and click the “Apply Now” link.
Job Type: Casual