PHM Health is a registered provider for the NDIS who aim to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities by assisting them to achieve their life choices, either in their own home or in the community. We have been providing high quality services and support to people with disabilities across the Sydney Metro area since late 2017. In 2020 PHM Health experienced rapid growth, expanding into the Newcastle/Hunter Valley, Orange and Central West Regions.
We are urgently requiring flexible and reliable Support Workers to provide support to Participants in Dubbo NSW.
The Role: FT, PT & Casual positions available
Support Workers enable rather than do, promoting development and independence.
A successful Support Worker assists and supports Participants with activities such as daily living tasks, help Participants develop skills and abilities, provide personal care, support with light domestic duties, provide transport to appointments and/or facilitate community outings and social activities with Participants.
- You have an excellent work ethic, have excellent oral communication and written communication skills, like a challenge, show initiative, enjoy working independently and as part of a team and think on your feet.
- You are a fit, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to see the potential in people.
- You apply a person-centred approach when supporting Participants in their own home and/or out in the community.
- You have a nursing background and/or are experienced in providing support to participants with epilepsy, cerebral palsy, autism and intellectual disability.
- You have experience providing personal care to both female and male participants and a willingness and ability to work with a variety of NDIS Participants with different levels of abilities.
- Experience in aged care, community care, disability care, and/or youth work.
- Able to work with participants’ pets and other support animals. It may include transporting them in your own motor vehicle.
- Able to provide personal care to both male and female participants such as showering, grooming, toileting and continence or willingness to learn.
- Experience supporting Participants using frames, wheelchairs, and hoists.
- Experience supporting Participants with daily living skills, food preparation and housekeeping
- Must be willing to travel around the Dubbo region.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must hold a current full NSW Driver’s Licence
- Must own a reliable motor vehicle with 4 doors and full comprehensive insurance.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates.
- NSW Working with Children’s Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
- COVID-19 Training
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19
- Must be willing and available to work different rostered shifts including, morning, afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers, active nights, public holidays and split shifts.
- Experience supporting Participants with challenging behaviours is highly regarded
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability Work, equivalent qualification, or currently studying to achieve. University students studying in a relevant field are welcome to apply.
Pay is based on the SCHADS Award
(Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $28.00 – $46.00 per hour
- Travel reimbursement
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- On call
- NSW/International Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
- Working with Children Check (Preferred)
- First Aid + CPR Certificate (Preferred)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check (Preferred)