Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Customer Experience team acts as the first point of contact for Council’s customer enquiries. Our dynamic Customer Experience team serves customers via our multi-faceted contact centre through channels such as Web Chat, Emails and phone calls as well as face to face from our two service centres – one in Dubbo and the other in Wellington. Our call centre receives approximately 4000 calls per month, while our service centres assist 800 customers face to face.
You will be responsible for providing a welcoming, comprehensive, efficient and effective service to all internal and external customers. This is a critical role which represents Dubbo Regional Council directly in assisting the needs of our community through a variety of methods via face to face, telephone and electronic customer service as well as playing a pivotal role in taking Council’s Customer Experience to the next level.
This position works 20 hours per week Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 1:00pm.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide optimal customer experience in a proactive and informative manner,
- Provide an effective link between the organisation and its customers,
- Provide services to customers utilising procedures developed for the operation of the Customer Experience Centre,
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of Council’s services, products and activities in order to provide information to customers,
- Have a working knowledge of Council’s policies, procedures and codes,
- Recognise if the customer is not satisfied with the level of service provided and escalate utilising established customer experience procedures,
- Build a relationship with customers over the phone,
- Work in a fast-paced environment with targets and time frames, and
- Participate and contribute to an effective and productive team.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III in Office/Business Administration,
- Experience in delivering services to customers via phone and face to face,
- Experience in utilising a range of computer applications to complete processes,
- Ability to receive and communicate information accurately and effectively, and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated customer experience professional. Having exceptional communication skills you will have the ability to develop strong positive relationships. You will have demonstrated experience in a customer experience environment and have a strong commitment to the provision of quality customer experience. You will understand the importance of a strong team environment and have flexibility in ensuring the Customer Experience Centre is resourced to meet customer demand.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $34,088-$39,616 (pro rata 20 hours) per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 27 June 2022.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council’s Customer Experience Coordinator – 6801 4210.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)