Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
This position is responsible for the successful completion of:
- Timely execution of all records management functions with accuracy, efficiency and integrity,
- Day to day recordkeeping functions and activities such as: registration and distribution of incoming correspondence, document profiling, maintaining the corporate information management system, and
- Ensuring all major photocopying needs of the Organisation are satisfied.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Timely execution of records management functions,
- Provide a high level of customer service to the organisation,
- Provide a photocopying and binding service to the organisation, and
- Day to day record keeping functions.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate in records management and/or business or experience commensurate to the qualifications,
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Legislation (i.e. State Records Act, GIPA, Privacy Act, Government Disposal Schedules),
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and management of an electronic document records management system,
- Commitment to providing quality customer service and quality service outcomes,
- Excellent time management skills and high level communication skills, and
- Proven problem solving skills.
You will be committed to providing a high level of customer service, be organised and self motivated.
Additionally, you will have excellent communication skills and experience in administration tasks. You will be a team player, who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program and well being program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop Computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active social club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre-employment health assessment.
Salary: $60,848-$70,715 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 1 August 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Corporate Information Team Leader – 02 6801 4250.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)