Challenge Community Services
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide NDIS clients with support to pursue a range of activities to achieve the goals set out in their NDIS plans. The successful applicant will be required to work across the locations of Narrabri, Moree & Warialda. This is a permanent part time position for 30hrs per fortnight.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing ongoing support coordination services to clients in line with their NDIS plan.
- Using a coaching approach to assist clients in capacity building.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case notes and reporting on client progress.
- Establish strong rapport and working relationships with a range of stakeholders including their family members, allied health providers, community groups and various stakeholders.
- Engaging and coordinating service providers on behalf of clients and linking clients to relevant providers.
- Engaging with NDIS staff and Local Area Coordinators.
Your Skills & Experience
- A thorough knowledge, previous training or extensive experience in the delivery of support services to people with a disability.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients, their families and external providers.
- Strong written skills for the creation of plans, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Demonstrated time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A thorough knowledge or previous experience in the delivery of services delivered under NDIS.
- Demonstrated competence in computer applications, especially Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and client management database systems.
- Relevant studies (highly regarded).
- Entry rate of $32.54 per hour. Higher pay points may be applicable based on qualifications and or experience.
- Flexible working hours and negotiated extra leave.
- Training and development opportunities.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the ‘apply now’ button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Patrick Delaney on 02 6763 1874 or via email at Patrick.Delaney@challengecommunity.org.au
Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Closing Date: 23rd January 2022