Chandler Macleod are sourcing an experienced Compliance Inspection Officer for a state government department in located Dubbo.
Primary purpose of the role
Undertake and report on field inspection activities/outcomes to verify contractor compliance with maintenance contract requirements.
- Delivers timely, accurate and effective inspections by adhering to the inspections program and standards and maintaining quality, accurate and up-to-date records of inspections undertaken, outcomes and actions required.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with contractors to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the inspection program and maintenance program.
- Identifies actions required working collaboratively with Contractors to resolve compliance issues and where necessary issue non-compliance or other notices.
- Identifies and reports to management on emerging issues, thereafter providing recommendations so as to improve and minimise the impact of these issues on the delivery of asset programs.
Understands and assists in the implementation of compliance education strategies, as required.
- Remaining professional, firm and fair, particularly in situations where non-compliance has been identified and conflict is possible.
- Managing the challenges of interacting with tenants on a regular basis and balancing tenant issues with the need to meet inspection program requirements.
- Maintaining the necessary balance between field and office work so that field inspections are
completed to program and appropriate records are kept up to date.
- Relevant Qualifications or accreditation in Quality Management principles and associated Australian Quality Standards or relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the Australian Building Codes, Australian Standards, Government or commercial probity and contracting standards.
- Relevant qualification and/or sound construction building maintenance and/or building construction experience/exposure, together with field inspection experience and measurement of performance against standards.
- Desirable – experience in compliance inspections of building essential services.
Current driver’s license.
If you are interested please contact Caitlin Semms on 02 6762 9000 or immediately click APPLY NOW to upload your resume.