Matilda Motor Inn
Our Motel restaurant has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Chef or Cook to join our professional & friendly team.
You will need to have 4star + cooking experience & be confident working in a busy environment.
Your shifts will be 2-4 breakfasts + 5-6 dinner services per week, Monday to Saturday.
A few essentials about you…
- You will be part of a team ensuring that the kitchen operations run effectively and will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality dishes that are in line with the hotels standard.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Demonstrated experience in a busy kitchen environment
- Ability to take direction
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Follow correct safe handling techniques to transport and store food items
- Wiping down of benches, mopping floors and removal of rubbish
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
A few role requirements…
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery)
- Certificate IV or Diploma desirable
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Experience in a busy kitchen & working independently is a must
- The ability to work across a few breakfast shifts & all dinner services Monday or Tuesday to Saturday every week
- Hands of approach to work
Please submit a copy of your resume detailing your experience & at least 2 professional referees.
Application Deadline: 17/12/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Afternoon shift
- Evening shift
- Kitchen: 4 years (Required)