- Become a Part Time Casual Teacher at a world class education provider
- Role vacancies throughout West Region NSW – West region locations include: Armidale, Dubbo, Orange, Tamworth
- $83 per hour – teaching duties
TAFE NSW is the largest skills and training provider in Australia, and one of the largest in the world. We partner with industry to deliver relevant, high quality, practical training to equip the workforce of tomorrow, and to help grow the NSW economy.
TAFE NSW is looking for creative and motivated individuals who share in our values of Customer First, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence and want to transfer their knowledge and skills to the next generation of Bakers apprentices.
We recognise that real experience is the most important aspect when appointing our teaching staff, and we know that this experience, your creditability and your story will have a positive impact.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Part Time Casual Teaching opportunities in Bakery, Bread Baking and Patisserie as they arise within TAFE NSW West Region. The role of the TAFE Teacher as a professional educator is to help, construct, guide and enhance the educative process. The teacher delivers educational programs and facilitates learning, enabling students to achieve their desired outcomes. We are looking for experienced bakers and pastry chefs subject matter experts across all areas of Bakery and Patisserie, including experience working in bakeries, restaurants, and patisseries.
Preferred candidate locations are Orange and Tamworth, however candidates throughout Western and New England regions of NSW will be considered.
To succeed in the role, you will need to be an experienced baker or pastry chef, with a minimum of 3 years, post trade, industry experience. You are aware of current industry requirements and have a willingness to continue to obtain industry knowledge. You have the drive and engagement to share your knowledge and expertise within the industry with a diverse range of students. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to share information with your peers and students face to face and when required, using innovative connected learning platforms.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Hold Certificate III or Certificate III in Bakery, Bread Bakery or Patisserie and a Certificate of Proficiency in Baking
- The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Minimum three years (post trade) or equivalent, relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience working in the Hospitality Industry as a baker or pastry chef with proven knowledge of current industry trends
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency
- Drive, commitment and ability to facilitate learning in an adult environment
- Great team player who strives to achieve success for your all students
- Ability to meet the essential requirements as per the position description.
For full details about the role review the and the
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume including Qualifications relevant to the position
- Attach a cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements as per the position description
- Click Apply now where you are required to answer two targeted questions (max 300 words)
Applications Close: Thursday 5th August 2021 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries – Matthew McAllister, Team Tourism & Experience Services via email
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance or if you have any questions in relation to the recruitment or application process please contact
Part Time Casual Teacher Suitability Lists are maintained to ensure that there is a sufficient number of appropriately qualified and experienced persons who can be engaged as a part time casual teacher. Offers of employment are dependent on availability of work during the period that the list is valid. Please note that placement on a suitability list does not constitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employment will be made.
If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at JobsNSW please contact the support team email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 562 679.
Key Application Responses
- Provide an overview of your experience within industry working as a baker or pastry chef and what motivates you to become a Casual Part Time Teacher at TAFE NSW
- As a TAFE Teacher, you are required to maintain and update your professional currency in your field of expertise. If you were to be success in your application for this role and were to receive a teaching program, how would you ensure that your skills and knowledge are up to date?