Challenge Community Services
This role works closely with families, carer’s and wider government agencies and regulatory bodies to support children and young people in foster care. No two days will look the same in this position as you manage a variety of cases in your day to day work. The role of Case work consists of administration duties & documenting case notes from Face to Face meetings with children & carer’s. The role allows you to get out and visit and support children & carer’s in Foster Care.
We are looking for someone who loves working with the community and wants to join an organisation where you empower and advance the experiences of children, young people and foster carers. Be a part of a supportive team that has an inclusive culture and diversity. So if you possess the qualities and experiences we are looking for, we encourage you to apply or contact us to discuss this further.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. You’re also:
- Resilient- you know sometimes things don’t always go to plan but you’re happy to be flexible and adaptable regardless
- Able to understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Empathetic and committed to playing your part in improving the lives of children and young people
The Benefits to working with Challenge Community Services?
You will have access to:
- Competitive pay rates based on qualifications and or experience.
- Salary Package up to $15,900 tax free pay per fringe benefit year. Increase your take home pay!
- Entertainment/Meal Card. You can use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income per year in addition to your tax-free limit for living expenses.
- Novated lease- when you package your car, you pay a portion of the vehicle’s costs out of your salary before tax is calculated. This reduces your taxable income and effectively increases your take-home pay.
- Negotiated extra leave, buy EXTRA annual leave that you can take or even get paid out as a saving incentive.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- Day Off on your Birthday!!
- Job satisfaction – helping to make a difference in the lives of young children in care.
What are the Essentials?
- Previous experience in a similar role or in any position related to Out of Home Care is essential
- You will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with others
- You’ll need excellent written skills, including the ability to write reports and complete formal documentation
- Excellent computer literacy skills in MS Office suite of products
- Empathy and commitment to improve the quality of life for children & young people
- A demonstrable ability to work well both autonomously and with a team
- Able to be flexible and to work non-standard hours as required
- A current NSW Working With Children’s check (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- Unencumbered NSW driver’s license
- NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Covid 19 Vaccination
How to apply
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the essential selection criteria as part of your application.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the ‘apply now’ button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Melissa Day via email
Melissa.email@example.com or via 0407 484 115
Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Closing Date: 2nd January 2022