Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
Council is seeking an experienced building maintenance professional for the management and maintenance of Council’s building assets portfolio. The position is responsible for leading a team to deliver a quality service in accordance with asset maintenance standards and adopted risk management procedures.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Arrange and coordinate Council’s Building Asset Management
- Organise, assess and coordinate Council building projects
- Assist in the preparation and management of the budget for Council’s building assets portfolio
- Prepare reports to Council in relation to building works tenders and quotations
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- A Certificate IV in Building and Construction or superseded equivalent as accepted by NSW Office of Fair Trading.
- Extensive experience working in building maintenance and construction.
- Experience in leading teams and inspiring staff to deliver an effective and responsive service in a busy environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to compile concise, written technical reports and communicate with and deal with people at all levels.
- Strong project management experience and the capacity for administrative detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.
You will be a seasoned building or construction professional who is project driven with an ability to lead a team to achieve common goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre-employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $77,595 – $90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 19 July 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Building Assets – 02 6801 4349
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder).