For over 60 years, Westhaven Ltd has been a not for profit, community-based charity organisation who have been providing support to adults, children and young people with disability within NSW. Originally operating in Dubbo NSW, we now have sites in Dubbo, Broken Hill and Orange.
We have a strong focus on quality, flexibility and people-focused disability services.
Why Join Us:
- Well-established company– Take pride in working for a highly-regarded and award-winning business.
- Professional development– Plenty of off the job and incidental training provided to you.
- Work-life balance– We support and encourage flexibility for a better work-life balance.
- Diverse team– Enjoy working within a culturally diverse and friendly team.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our behaviour support team.
As the Behaviour Support Practitioner you will undertake a functional behavioural assessments and analysis, develop and write NDIS behaviour support plans that meet the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding requirements and work closely with the participant, their family, carers, guardian and other stakeholders to support the implementation of the behaviour support plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To assist individuals and their families to identify their needs through assessment and person centred planning and to develop meaningful goals and practical strategies to support people in their home and community. .
- Use of a range of assessment tools to complete behavioural analysis and functional assessments.
- Develop behaviour support plans utilising a positive behaviour support framework with a commitment to eliminate and fade out restrictive practices
- Provide clinical advice and support to individuals, families, carers and support workers who will be implementing behaviour support plans.
- Coordinate formal plan review meetings.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with government and non-government service providers for ongoing support.
- Record and report accurately, including billable hours performed.
- Support compliance activities with service providers to ensure understanding of obligations, reporting and authorisations required for the participants behaviour support plan
- Commit to your professional development and continued learning, and actively engage in “reflection and support” and supervision sessions.
- Commit to the implementation of the behaviour support capability framework and NDIS Code of Conduct as part of your employment
Skills & Experience:
- Must reside in and hold full working rights in Australia.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in: Psychology, Speech Pathology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or similar areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or a minimum of 5 years working as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with 3 years conducting functional behavioural analysis and assessment.
- Registration or ability to register as a practitioner with the NDIS.
- Registered with member associations if applicable such as AHPRA
- Has explicit knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support principles including functional behaviour assessment, intervention and service delivery practices, and Restrictive Practice Authorisation processes.
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills to effectively manage a busy workload, maintain case notes and meet deadlines.
- An ability to use electronic case management and reporting tools.
- Current driver’s licence and a willingness to drive.
- Current Working with Children Check, National Criminal Record Check and First Aid Certificate.
- Explicit understanding of the impacts of trauma and trauma-informed practice principles.
Westhaven is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
Westhaven is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Westhaven is an equal opportunity employer.
Any published closing dates are estimates only. We aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Confidential enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: .Behaviour Support Practitioner
Job Type: Full-time