Department of Regional NSW
- 2 years, fixed term role
- Office Location Options – Queanbeyan, Armidale, Coffs Harbour & Dubbo
- Annual salary starting from $85,744 + superannuation
- Clerk Grade 5/6
- Make an impact on the lives of people in Regional NSW
Our Department is responsible for building resilient regional economies and communities, strengthening primary industries, managing the use of regional land, overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources and ensuring government investment in regional NSW is fair and delivers positive outcomes for local communities and businesses.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We provide dignified access to reasonable adjustments both during the recruitment process and in the workplace. If you require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please call or text the contact for this role.
The Department of Regional NSW was formed in 2020 as a central agency for regional issues as a central agency for regional issues and is focused on creating a liveable, inclusive and sustainable New South Wales with thriving natural environments/regions and strong economic prosperity.
About the Role
The Assistant Data Project Officer maintains the Programs Funds data and provides information and reports to internal and external clients.
This role will be involved in ensuring integrity of data and provide accurate, complete, and accessible information to assist the delivery of programs that support Government commitments to regional communities.
Key responsibilities for the Assistant Data Project Officer role include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and update data to ensure its integrity
- Liaise with Program Managers to facilitate the exchange of information and ensure data accuracy
- Provide data to contribute to reports for grants projects
- Assist in responding to information requests from the Minister’s Office, Senior Management and the regional network
- Liaise with program leaders to ensure data is current and updates are provided in a timely manner
- Provide support with the generation of electorate summary reporting
This role reports to Manager – Reporting, Data & Finance
You will have experience in maintaining and monitoring of data across multiple data management and reporting systems, the ability to manage multiple activities with competing timeframes, set priorities, meet deadlines and work as part of a team.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Experience maintaining and ensuring integrity of data management and reporting systems.
- High level of competency with Excel and exposure to business intelligence tools.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent, relevant professional experience and training
- GIS and mapping experience preferred but not essential
- Current driver’s licence and willingness to travel
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role and are interested in creating a more prosperous Regional NSW, we would love to hear from you!
Applying for the Role
To apply, please attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter that tells us about your relevant skills and experience.
Application Closing Date – Monday, 9 August 2021 11:55pm
For further information about this opportunity please contact Kylie Chesterton, Manager – Reporting, Data & Finance on 0407 449 559? or via email@example.com or click here to view the role description.
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months. The successful applicant in this role may be required to undergo a police check, health assessment and other assessments as required.