Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Aquatics Customer Experience Coordinator oversees the daily operation of Aquatic Leisure Centre front-of-house and cafés, including stock-management, financial reconciliation, cash handling, promotion and reporting, ensuring all facilities provide excellent customer service and high-quality café fare and hygiene standards.
This position is responsible for the rostering, supervision, mentoring and training of Aquatic Centre employees to provide best-practice customer experiences while ensuring efficient operation of all public-facing services, events, programs, classes and facility bookings.
The position is significant to the ongoing growth of customer service and experience, playing a key role in the development of the Dubbo Regional Council aquatic operations. There is an expectation that the position will involve the need for flexibility in working hours, including weekend work during the aquatic operating season.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Lead, coach, mentor and work with a diverse team
- Oversee the operation of the aquatic centers front of house and cafes
- Administration, financial and stock control duties
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate IV in Business/Hospitality or related discipline
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills that promote high team performance, with the ability to recruit, coach, mentor and manage staff
- Current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- High level communication skills both verbal and written including the capacity to interact with all levels of staff and the public while maintaining effective customer service and relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role and an understanding of best-practice customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role including food handling and preparation, cash handling and cash reconciliation
We are looking for an experienced and qualified person in business and/or recreation management who has demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to drive high performance. You will be able to balance managing day to day operational matters whilst also contributing to the development of business and management plans. You are experienced with building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and delivering exceptional customer experience outcomes.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
This position requires a Working With Children Check.
Please note that given the seasonal nature of the role extended periods of leave will be expected to be taken during the off season and shut down periods.
Salary: $77,595-$90,177 per annum plus superannuation. This position is paid on an annualised salary agreement with increased hours in peak season and reduced hours in off season.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 10 January 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Manager Aquatic Leisure Centres – 0436 928 004
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)
- Employer: Dubbo Regional Council
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
- Location: Dubbo, NSW
- Region: Regional City/Centre
- Date Posted: 22/12/2021
- Closing Date: 10/01/2022
- Position #: