Lives Lived Well
- Join a well-established mental health service in a major regional service centre.
- Be part of the journey in changing people’s lives.
- Generous additional leave entitlements and access to Salary packaging
About Lives Lived Well
Mental health concerns and alcohol and drug dependency can make life really tough – and too often people find themselves grappling with economic challenges and social isolation as well.
Our driving belief is that “with the right support people can change”. We are a progressive, for purpose organisation, delivering leading edge clinical services aimed at supporting people to live their lives well. We are growing fast in Queensland and New South Wales – in size, geographic footprint, service diversity and clinical innovation.
About the Service
Dubbo Outreach Service is a free mobile drug and alcohol treatment service for adults that provides individual counselling and case management, and group therapy in the local region. Our aim is to provide a tailored service with a harm reduction focus, that meets the needs of individuals, families and communities experiencing drug and/or alcohol misuse.
About the role
This is a full time position . A key component of this role will see the AOD Counsellor set up new referral pathways in the Wellington & Dubbo communities and deliver integrated individual counselling/case management. A typical day in this role will include:
- Networking with service providers and building relationships with key stakeholders within the Wellington & Dubbo communities.
- Providing high quality engagement, assessment, counselling, case management and support services to clients, and their families.
- Managing a case load of clients, through providing support, service coordination, referral and advocacy to assist clients in achieving their goals.
- Working collaboratively with clients, their families/significant others, and relevant referrers to respond appropriately to their mental health and developmental needs.
- Providing culturally appropriate practice as relevant to varying clients. This includes engaging in ethical practice by identifying and meeting the social and cultural needs of consumers.
You are an engaging individual with the ability to connect with clients who are navigating difficult life experiences. You can work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team and are able to build effective stakeholder relationships. You will appreciate:
- Working in a regional setting with the opportunity to travel
- Being a part of a multi-disciplinary team and working within remote/rural communities
- Challenges and working with vulnerable communities
- Building stakeholder relationships with a new service delivery model
The salary range for this is $74, 179.04 to $79,810.64 annually. To learn more about the role visit our careers page.
Ready to join us?
Here is what we have on offer:
- Wellness leave – up to 5 extra paid days off each year.
- Salary packaging – full salary packaging can increase your take home pay by approx. $6k per annum subject to the number of hours worked.
- A focus on wellbeing – self-care, support and a holistic view of health and wellness.
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing capability development.
- We will listen to you. Our people have important insights.
- Clinical Supervision – a structured program to support your practice.
Click ‘apply’ and go to our LLW Careers page and submit your application. Please note we only accept applications through our Careers page.
Application close: 14 January 2022
For questions or information about the role, email email@example.com
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate’s possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence and completed Australian Criminal History Check and provision of COVID-19 vaccination certificate, in line with the New South Wales Public Health Order.