Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Animal Attendant role is responsible for assisting with the operations of the Dubbo City Animal Shelter, including care management and release of impounded animals.
There are three opportunities available. One time full time position and two time part time positions.
The full time position working 38 hours per week and the two part time positions each working 19 hours per week.
Both positions are required to work Monday to Sunday on a 7 day rotating roster.
IN THESE ROLES YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Assist in asset management including daily cleaning and maintenance of Shelter office and animal facilities;
- Assist in animal management including animal care, animal transport, and re-homing;
- Provide a high level of customer service; and
- Animal Welfare – ensuring animals are secure, safe and have access to food and water.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Previous work related experience in animal handling;
- Previous work related experience in cleaning and maintenance of animal housing facilities;
- Customer Service experience and high level communication and conflict resolution skills; and
- Demonstrated experience following procedures and Work Health Safety requirements.
You will be experienced in working with domestic animals as well as the care, cleaning, feeding and hygiene of animals surrendered to the animal shelter.
Additionally, you will have good computer literacy, administration skills and a demonstrated commitment to providing high levels of customer service.
You will be a team player with excellent communication skills who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rated), access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Novated Vehicle Leasing
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: Full time position – $49,454 – $57,445 per annum plus superannuation. Part Time position – $24,727 – $28,722 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Tuesday 21 September 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Team Leader Compliance on 6801 4631.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)