Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
The Administration Officer based at the Western Plains Cultural Centre is responsible for working closely with the Centre Coordinator to assist in all matters relating to the efficient operations of the Centre.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Ensure database, statistical and venue information is recorded and maintained;
- Process venue hire agreements of Western Plains Cultural Centre facilities;
- Purchasing and procurement; and
- Customer service and public relations.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated experience in an Administration role;
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office software; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
You are an administration professional who is committed to providing outstanding customer service. Additionally you have excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
You are a team player and a people person who values the opportunity to work in an environment that is diverse and exciting. You have personal drive that propels you to work independently and take responsibility for projects and tasks within the team, and continually look for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $59,655-$69,329 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Thursday 13 January 2022. It is anticipated interviews will be held on Friday 21 January 2022.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Operations Coordinator Western Plains Cultural Centre – 0428 199 303.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)
- Employer: Dubbo Regional Council
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
- Location: Dubbo, NSW
- Region: Regional City/Centre
- Date Posted: 17/12/2021
- Closing Date: 13/01/2022
- Position #: