Dubbo Regional Council
We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
For more information about DRC, please refer to our DRC Information Package.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.
In this role you will have an opportunity to provide a range of administrative support functions, to ensure efficient, effective Divisional operations. You will also assist with organisational reporting requirements and Cemetery administrative functions.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Divisional administration duties and responsibilities;
- Purchasing and procurement;
- Customer service and public relations;
- Cemetery administrative duties and responsibilities;
- Corporate reporting, planning and monitoring.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate III or higher in Business Administration or related discipline
- Highly developed organisational, written and verbal communication skills, administrative and customer service skills
- Advanced proficiency in business related computer software (Microsoft Office Applications) and electronic document management systems
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated abilities to apply principles of confidentiality and security
- Demonstrated skills and ability to relate effectively to a variety of clients offering a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers
You are an administration professional, seeking a challenging role in a large Local Government organisation. Additionally, you have excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Previous experience to support the development of tenders, grants and/or business reports will also be considered favourably.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $58,485 – $67,970 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 21 June 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council’s Executive Officer Liveability – 6801 4405
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you’ll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you’re ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your “Junk Mail” folder.)