About the role
This is a part-time opportunity working 21 hours week up until December 2023 and will be based in Broken Hill, NSW
PSP – Family Preservation Programs aims to support families to remain together in a safe and healthy way. We work hard to support vulnerable families, from diverse cultures, Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal, who are at risk of further escalation in the child protection system. We recognise the existing strength and resilience within families and build upon these, in efforts to keep families together.
As a Casework Support Worker, you will be a strong and compassionate advocate for families, children and young people; building their capacity and strength to have a voice when engaging with various departments and services; Health, Housing, Education, Community and Justice
- This is an identified position for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. All applicants must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination ACT 1977
- Provide evidence of Aboriginal identity, and be able to demonstrate ability to work effectively with Aboriginal peoples and communities
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to negotiate cultural complexities of people from differing Aboriginal lands
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Current NSW Working with Children’s Check and Current Driver’s License
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide appropriate evidence of identity as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on;
0466 801 937 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Applications close: 11:55pm Wednesday 15th December
*Interview will be held in person on Monday 20th December in Broken Hill