Employment Type: Permanent / Sessional
Position Classification: Staff Specialist / Visiting Medical Officer
Remuneration: $186,241 – $229,825 pa / VMO Sessional Determination
Hours Per Week: 40 hrs pw / As per roster
Applications Close: 7 January 2024 – 11:59pm
Western NSW Local Health District is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our advertised positions. If you require any assistance with your application or have any questions about this position, please get in touch with the contact person listed in the advertisement.
About the opportunity:
Seeking a motivated and experienced Anaesthetist to join our friendly and professional team, who maintains an excellent work/life balance in the country.
The successful applicant will provide Anaesthetic services at Orange Health Service as well as participate in the Anaesthetic on-call roster.
Orange Health Service has an active Anaesthetic trainee training program. The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to teaching trainees and residents as well as medical students from the University of Sydney Rural Medical School.
Participation in post-graduate educational activities including clinical meetings, quality assurance and audit activities and anaesthetic meetings is expected.
What we can offer you
· Country living with a meaningful career path
· Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
· Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
· Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with and the NSW Health RTO
· Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you’ll be working
You will be based at Orange Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website .
Orange is reputed as one of NSW’s premier wine and food regions. It has a mild temperate climate with warm summers and cool winters with snowfall. Many health professionals choose Orange as their home as it offers prestigious schooling, affordable housing and land, a lifestyle where you can spend more of your previous time with family and friends, greater opportunities for community involvement, along with employment growth in health care, social assistance, retail, education and training.
In Orange you can simply enjoy life without the challenges of metropolitan living and where you can maintain a great work/life balance.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria
1. Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
3. Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
5. Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
6. Fellowship of the applicable College
7. Demonstrated participation in, and commitment to quality assurance activities relevant to the practice of Anaesthetics.
How do I apply for this role?
Please . NSW Health does not require or accept the ‘fit2work’ badge offered as an option in eCredential.
Note: Applications submitted by Recruitment Agencies will not be considered for this position.
Need more information?
· Click here for the .
· For role related queries or questions please contact Dr Ian Carter via email or 0414 685 876
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Stepping Up – Close the Gap
The is working in partnership with the Western NSW Local Health District to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants wishing to apply for this role. For more information please contact the AES recruitment team on (02) 6882 8100 or email Alternatively, applicants can visit for more information.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.
Connect with us on , and