: Permanent Full Time
: Staff Specialist
: $171,167 – $211,224 pa
: 40 hours per week
6 July 2021 – 11.59pm
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Paediatric Department as a Staff Specialist Paediatrician at Bathurst Hospital. You will be a generalist Paediatrician delivering high quality care.
7 bedded Paediatric ward with capacity to surge to 9 beds and a 4 cot Special Nursery with 520 births per annum.
There are up to 5000 presentations through the Accident and Emergency Department annually with approximately 800 admissions per year. There are very busy Paediatric clinics. Adjacent to the ward is a busy Ambulatory care unit for Paediatrics
Bathurst is a thriving university country town immediately west of the blue mountains only 200km from Sydney.
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
- Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with and the NSW Health RTO
- Professional growth and accelerated career progression
- Relocation incentives may be available.
You will be based at Bathurst Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website
Bathurst is a city of contrasts; constantly evolving. Heritage-listed buildings and rich history fuse with world-class museums and galleries. Spectacular natural wonders co-exist with a modern cultural landscape. The food scene is innovative and signature events are of an international standard. Come and discover this dynamic and evolving regional city that’s full of authentic charm and heart. To find out more visit:
At Bathurst Health Service, we have built a collaborative, people-focused culture. Our vision – Healthier Rural People – Thriving Communities – provides a benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to improving the health and wellbeing of people living in regional and remote areas of New South Wales.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Fellowship of the applicable College.
- Click here for the
- For role related queries or questions contact Dr Timothy McCrossin via email or (02) 6330 5363 or 0417 216 884
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.