Western NSW Local Health District
: Permanent Full Time
: Staff Specialist
: $246,059 – $332,434 (inclusive of superannuation and allowances)
: 38 hours per week
25 Jan 2022 – 11.59pm
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Director of Medical Services who is strong team player and who will provide effective leadership and management of medical services provided by both senior and junior medical staff within a vibrant multidisciplinary setting.
The successful applicant will be a member of the Bathurst Health Service Executive team. With the Executive, the Director Medical Services is responsible for strategic leadership and management, for developing and implementing organisational goals, service planning and the setting the values of the Bathurst Health Service.
The Director Medical Services is responsible for the safe and effective delivery of all aspects of clinical care, ensuring resources are used efficiently and effectively to achieve the goals of the Bathurst Health Service Clinical Services Plan and ensuring appropriate standards of patient care, teaching and research are maintained.
We expect the successful applicant to be a strong advocate for Bathurst Health Service and contribute to LHD planning activities and service priorities.
- Salary consistent with the Staff specialists award including superannuation, and access to salary packaging.
- Relocation and accommodation assistance.
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments.
- Flexible work/life balance.
- Attractive Salary Package , up to 5 weeks Annual Leave with 4 weeks leave including 17.5% leave loading; 5 weeks per year Training Education and Study Leave (TESL), and 10 days paid sick leave per year (dependent on classification).
- Dynamic team environment.
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Corporate wellbeing programs, including the
You will be based at Bathurst Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website
The Bathurst Hospital is an organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Bathurst Hospital serves a population of over 60,000 people and the Emergency Department sees over 25,000 patients per year. The hospital is a modern campus built approximately 12 years ago. Surgical services include day surgery, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, O&G, and ophthalmology. A 7 bed combined ICU / HDU / CCU supports complex surgery and medicine. Paediatric, renal dialysis, hospital in the home and day only chemotherapy services are also provided
Bathurst is a prosperous and rapidly growing regional centre. The city offers a pleasant country lifestyle with affordable housing, excellent public and private school education and a university. It is just three hours drive from Sydney. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney and Canberra. Visit www.bathurstregion.com.au for more information. There is a private hospital which can provide private endoscopy lists. Academic and research opportunities are available at the co-located Western Sydney University clinical school.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident, or eligible for sponsorship to work in Australia and registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators or other appropriate specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award that is additionally supported by post graduate qualifications in management. Consideration may be given to an applicant in their final year of training with the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators. Different Award conditions would apply.
- Demonstrated experience of clinical leadership and management at a senior level inclusive of medical administration, medical workforce, professional practice, clinical governance, medical ethics, clinical teaching, leadership, change management and resource management.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary health issues, rural healthcare priorities and reform agendas within the NSW Health system.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills (both verbal and written) and good negotiation skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to EEO, ethical practice, issues of health inequality, and other relevant priorities as they relate to the position.
- Hold a current Drivers Licence and the ability to travel regularly for work purposes.
- Click here for the
- For role related queries or questions contact Peter Campos via email or (02) 6330 5333
If you are applying for a Category A position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive . All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
Australian citizen or permanent resident, or eligible for sponsorship to work in Australia and registered as a
Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia.
Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable applicant for permanent appointment is identified.