Skillset in conjunction with a multi-award winning leader in the construction industry based in Bathurst, are seeking applications for an experienced WHS Manager.
Focusing on Health, Education and Commercial ventures, this role is varied and offers a great opportunity to utilise your skillset to deliver safety initiatives across all projects and the business.
Working closely with the Company Director, a large focus of this role will be to manage, mentor and support all site staff in safety and compliance. The successful candidate will also need a strong understanding of relevant construction industry codes, legislation, policies and practices.
Your duties will be varied and include:
- Drive a safety culture across all facets of the business, with the team and subcontractors
- Educate the business on WHS legislation and best practice and become a trusted advisor
- Administering and maintaining the WHS Management Systems and relevant accreditations
- Manage both internal and external WHS audits
- Identify the training needs for the team and liaise with management to implement
- Prepare internal and external reports, benchmarking against industry best practice
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience and knowledge in the construction industry
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety or (similar)
- White Card
- Strong computer skills with experience in systems management
- High analytical and auditing skills to evaluate problems and propose solutions
- Outstanding organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Be a motivated individual and encompass the ability to work well autonomously
This is a genuine opportunity to further extend and build upon your skills and experience with a chance to define your career path with a company.
You will be joining a supportive and collaborative team culture where the role is diverse and every day is different. There is also an attractive salary package on offer with ongoing, full time work in a regional location.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click “Apply Now” button to upload your cover letter and resume.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West – Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 yearsâ€™ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/