Skillset in conjunction with a local scaffold hire company in Bathurst is seeking applications for those committed to completing their Warehousing traineeship. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Transport and Logistics – Warehouse Operations over a 24-month period whilst receiving practical training from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are physically fit, highly-motivated, team players, enjoy hands on work and are keen to pursue a career in warehousing and logistics.
· Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
· A full time, two-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
· You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
· At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
· Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the warehousing industry.
· General warehousing duties as required
· Accurately picking and packing orders
· Unloading and loading trucks
· Manual handling and lifting
· Operation of forklifts (upon being ticketed)
· Participate in regular stocktakes and inventory control
· Maintaining general tidiness of the warehouse
· Liaise with various stakeholders regarding inbound and outbound shipments
· Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
· Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
· Hold a current Driver’s License or Provisional License (Ability to Operate a Manual)
· Hold a LR or HR Driver’s License or are willing to obtain
· Have the ability to prioritise workloads, are organised and have time management skills
· Show commitment to the study component of the Traineeship
· Display a keen interest in warehousing and supply chain operations and pursuing it as a career
· Ability to work in a physically demanding role
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
· Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
· The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
· Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
· Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
· Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Bathurst NSW
· Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
· Only successful candidates will be contacted
· Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
· Upload your updated cover letter and resume
· Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end-to-end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship