Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Classification: Unaccredited Trainee
Remuneration: $90,062 – $127,922 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week
Location: Bathurst NSW
Applications Close: 13 October 2021 – 11:00am
Unaccredited Trainee – Orthopaedic Surgery Bathurst Health Service This position offers twelve (12) months experience in Orthopaedic Surgery providing effective medical services to Orthopaedic patients under supervision, while developing expertise in orthopaedic practice, in a complex clinical environment. The trainee will contribute to the daily management and care of primarily orthopaedic patients at Orange and Bathurst hospitals on a rotational basis. The trainee will participate equitably in the on-call roster at Orange Health Service. Just over a two hour drive from Sydney, Bathurst is close enough to feel accessible, but far enough away to feel unique. Located in the heart of Central Western NSW, this vibrant city has everything you need if you are looking for a place to call home. A first class Entertainment Centre, Regional Art Gallery, Indoor Aquatic Centre, 3 museums and regional sporting fields are only part of the great community infrastructure that supports the Bathurst community. Bathurst really is the best of both worlds – a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours’ from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. There is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
To find out more visit: https://www.bathurstregion.com.au/ Watch our video for the JMO Experience in Western NSW Local Health District.
What we can offer you
• Country living with a meaningful career path
• Flexible work practices (as appropriate to the position and negotiated with your manager)
• Corporate wellbeing programs, including the Fitness Passport
• Opportunities for learning and development, including in-house training with My Health Learning and the NSW Health RTO
• Professional growth and accelerated career progression
Where you’ll be working You will be based at Bathurst Health Service, a part of the Western NSW Local Health District. For more information on living and working in our beautiful region, visit our website Western NSW Health Careers.
• MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia in an appropriate registration category.
• Completion of at least two (2) postgraduate years of medical practice.
• Valid NSW Working with Children check.
• Cleared National Police check. • Aged Care Check for Australian Government funded positions.
• To be employed by NSW Health you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy, this includes any amendments made from time to time.
• You must take all reasonable care for yourself and others and comply with any reasonable instruction, policies and procedures relating to work health safety and wellbeing.
To apply, please address the following Selection Criteria: 1. Qualifications and experience commensurate with the Essential Requirements for the role. 2. Must have Australian experience or be eligible for Competent Authority pathway. 3. Demonstrated ability to work independently in a supervised environment and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. 4. Effective oral, written and computer skills and demonstrated good organisational time management skills. 5. Evidence of continued professional development and commitment to self-education. 6. Ability and willingness to deliver patient care and preparedness and ability to participate in a shift and on-call roster.
Need more information?
• Click here for the Additional Information & Statement of Duties.
• For role related queries or questions please contact Tim Cohen via email Tim.Cohen@health.nsw.gov.au or (02) 6330 5774. Stepping Up – Close the Gap The Aboriginal Employment Strategy (AES) is working in partnership with the Western NSW Local Health District to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants wishing to apply for this role.
For more information please contact the AES recruitment team on (02) 6882 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, applicants can visit our website for more information. Working Visas Applicants holding a visa with working rights may be considered for temporary appointment (up to the expiry date of their visa) where no suitable Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident is identified.