Systems Administrator, Spatial Services, Flexible working, based in Bathurst/ Sydney, Grade 7/8
- Temporary opportunity until 30th June 2024
DCS Spatial Services, a division of the NSW Department of?Customer Service, is the key provider of spatial land information services in New South Wales. Spatial Services integrated framework connects the people of NSW to a comprehensive package of land and property services including property information, surveying and mapping.?DCS Spatial Services?provides land information services to individuals, businesses, government agencies and non-profit organisations throughout NSW, Australia and internationally.
DCS Spatial Services is committed to providing a working environment that values diversity & inclusion, which supports all employees to reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor, SCIMS and CORS, you will be responsible for the operation, and user support for DCS Spatial Service’s Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) GNSS augmentation services (CORSnet-NSW) to ensure system integrity and customer service standards are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Balance competing demands to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Generate and maintain knowledge and technical capability across diverse and dynamic hardware, technologies, platforms and applications. Tasks include;
- Server maintenance and monitoring in an AWS environment.
- CORS network software monitoring (working with the Survey information Specialist)
- GNSS and cellular hardware configuration and testing
- Customer VPN and VPC tunnel administration
- Site inspections for hardware maintenance and upgrades
- Provide technical support and expertise as a part of the CORSnet-NSW team to internal stakeholders, customers and data resellers.
To be successful in the position you will have;
- High level communication skills, including sound negotiation, interpersonal and liaison skills with the ability to interact with staff suppliers and managers.
- Well-developed ICT skills demonstrating analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in Information Technologies and/or
- Surveying or Spatial Information Systems
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to interact with internal and external customers in a polite, professional and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a time critical environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of methods employed in data storage, delivery and communication with information technologies.
- A Current NSW Drivers licence is required.
- A sound knowledge of current and emerging Global Satellite Systems (GNSS) technologies and/or experience with GNSS network processing software will be Highly regarded.
It is preferable but not essential to have experience and/or certification in * Networking and/or cloud computing services (e.g., AWS)
windows scripting, * software and methods for monitoring remote network devices (e.g., Nagios SNMP etc.).
How to Apply?
Attach an up-to-date resume and a brief Cover Letter outlining how your skills and experience align to the role.
Role related enquires: Please contact Afrah Saied, Talent Acquisition advisor on email@example.com
Salary Grade 7/8, with the base salary for this role starting at $106025 base plus superannuation
Click to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Afrah Saied via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the to prepare for the recruitment process by accessing practice application and interview questions based on the focus capabilities listed in the role description.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 10th January 2024 (09:59am)
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service, and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Visit our to find out what it means to work for us.
You Belong Here
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and new ways of working.
We have 8 million+ reasons to care and want our employees to represent the communities that we serve.
You can view our full diversity and inclusion statement .
We want you to bring your best self to this application process. If you feel you may require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team via email@example.com or 02 9494 8351.
For more information, please visit