Spatial Technician – Spatial Program
- Full time – Ongoing opportunity
- location based in Bathurst – Hybrid/Flexible working arrangement by negotiation.
Spatial Services, a division of the Department of Customer Service is the key provider of spatial land information services in New South Wales. Spatial Services’ integrated framework connects the people of NSW to a comprehensive package of land and property services including property information, surveying information and mapping.?Spatial Services?provides land information services to individuals, businesses, government agencies and non-profit organisations throughout NSW, Australia and internationally.
Spatial Services is committed to providing a working environment that values diversity and inclusion, which supports all employees to reach their full potential.
Do you want to …
- Apply spatial knowledge and skills to undertake a range of GIS activities
- Work with remote sensing technology and programs to create imagery and elevation products
- Make an impact to the lives of 8 million+ people in NSW
- Work in an inclusive and flexible hybrid-environment, with endless opportunities to grow
Yes? Then this role is for you …
We have exciting opportunity for talented people to work in our Spatial Operations team. This is a mid-entry level positions, while a background or understanding of remote sensing, coding (python/ArcPy), spatial mapping and GIS (Geographic Information Systems) is advantageous it is not essential to being successful in these roles.
We are looking for people who have a keen attention to detail, enjoy working with numbers, have sound computer skills, are passionate and motivated, keen to learn and develop, and are interested in learning more about specialist remote sensing processing, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), mapping, and GIS.
This role sits within the Environmental Spatial Programs (ESP) team within Spatial Operations. The ESP team is responsible for the capture, sourcing and production of Imagery, Elevation and Water spatial data. The primary purpose of these roles is to assist with the production of airborne imagery products, airborne LiDAR products and/or the water data maintenance programs.
Your day-to-day Responsibilities will include:
You will work in the Environmental Spatial Team to undertake a range of tasks related to the management and presentation of geographic and spatial information. You will focus primarily on Remote Sensing Imagery and Elevation knowledge sets.
- Apply knowledge and sound computer skills in the application of contemporary technologies to capture, maintain and enhance spatial information
- Assist in identifying options for system and process improvements
- Maintain records and security of information
- Support the maintenance of reliable and accurate spatial information
- Work collaboratively in a team and complete activities in a timely and effective manner
- Use initiative and problem-solving skills to investigate solutions to data anomalies and to identify improvements to processes and procedures
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in training and development opportunities to build knowledge, skills and capabilities and improve organisational performance and outcomes
Comprehensive on-the-job training will be offered to ensure you excel in your role and contribute effectively to our team.
What we need from you:
An up-to-date CV and a cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining how your skills and experience align to the role
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Shannon Slattery, Supervisor Environmental Spatial Programs via firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Grade (Departmental Officer – Grade 3-4), with the base salary for this role starting at $79032 base plus superannuation
Click to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Afra Ahmed Saied via email@example.com.
Visit the to prepare for the recruitment process by accessing practice application and interview questions based on the focus capabilities listed in the role description.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 05 December 2023 (09:59am)
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service, and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Visit our to find out what it means to work for us.
You Belong Here
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and new ways of working.
We have 8 million+ reasons to care and want our employees to represent the communities that we serve.
You can view our full diversity and inclusion statement .
We want you to bring your best self to this application process. If you feel you may require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please contact our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9494 8351.
For more information, please visit