NSW Trustee and Guardian
Senior Workforce Support Officer – NSW Trustee & Guardian
- Ongoing full-time vacancy. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Regional, Rural and Metro NSW within NSW. Flexible working options available and subject to negotiation.
- Clerk Grade: 5/6 Base salary $87,493 pa to $96,540 pa plus super and annual leave loading.
NSW Trustee & Guardian protects, promotes and supports the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of the people of NSW. The agency supports the Chief Executive Officer and the Public Guardian to provide customer-centred services to the people of NSW, including some of the state’s most vulnerable. We do this by providing a range of multidisciplinary services including Will-making, trustee, financial management and guardianship services.
We write more than 13,000 estate planning documents each year, support over 47,000 customers annually and manage over seven billion dollars in customer assets. A NSW government agency within the Stronger Communities.
About the team
The Estate Management Division makes financial and legal decisions for people who are unable to on their own, or with support, when NSW Trustee & Guardian is appointed as their financial manager by a court or tribunal. The team also oversees people who are appointed to privately manage the finances of another person.
The Estate Planning and Administration division provides trustee services including; Wills and estate planning, estate administration, trusts and power of attorney services.
About the role
The Senior Workforce Support Officer assists the team to coordinate and implement workforce strategies for the Estate Management and Estate Planning & Administration divisions. This role provides evidence-based insights to facilitate and support high quality workforce planning while ensuring optimal support is provided and maintained to stakeholders. You will gather and collate information to prepare reports on team performance, forecast leave liabilities and maintain accurate record keeping of staff and the establishment. Additionally, you will support the development, tracking and delivery of workforce management projects.
For more information about the position, view the role description
You have excellent attention to detail, strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to deliver balanced outcomes across the workforce to support managers in making informed decisions. Additionally, you have the ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities, with the capability to work under pressure to effectively support the workforce.
Your excellent communication skills and the ability to produce high-quality written documentation enable you to deliver information clearly. You will also be a strong collaborator who is able to work across teams and divisions to ensure the delivery of quality customer service and customer outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in HR and/or demonstrated equivalent industry or professional experience in relevant area.
- Understanding of NSW Trustee & Guardian’s key services and customer base including experience working and/or supporting people with disability, vulnerable or older people.
- Willingness to have phone calls and team email accounts monitored for quality assurance and training purposes, and to participate in one-to-one review sessions for calls and emails.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose. Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options including flex leave
- leave options including 14 weeks of parental or adoption leave
- career development
- Fitness Passport
Be part of something bigger. For more about joining us, visit the Careers page on our website.
How to apply
- Complete the online application
- Submit a resume (maximum five pages)
- Attach a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the target question below:
- As a Senior Workforce Support Officer, you will be working on several different workforce management projects with tight timeframes. How will you ensure that you deliver high-quality results and accurate information when there are competing priorities?
- In this role, you will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders and building relationships. How will you tailor your approach to communicate and engage with different stakeholders?
Closing date: Applications close Sunday 29th May 2022 at 11:59pm
For role related enquiries, please contact:
Amy Cross, Principal Workforce Support Officer Amy.Cross@tag.nsw.gov.au
For Recruitment enquires, please contact:
Justyna Wieczorek, Talent Advisor email@example.com
- If you wish to request an adjustment in the recruitment process or workplace, please inform us of your requirements in your cover letter.
- Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
- A talent pool?may be created for future ongoing, temporary, and part-time roles, and is valid for 18-months.
- It is an essential requirement of the role that the successful applicant will be fully vaccinated with an approved?COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication of COVID-19 vaccination. Further information about vaccination requirements?will be provided to the successful candidate and is also available on request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org