Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
The Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (DPHI) payroll team is currently seeking experienced, motivated and proactive payroll professionals eager to apply and enhance their knowledge and experience, to be part of our talent pool for ongoing and temporary Senior Payroll Officer roles that may become available over the next eighteen months.
- Positions located across our Orange and Parramatta offices with hybrid/ flexible working supported
- Clerk Grade 5/6 – Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $93,295 to $102,941 + super
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Senior Payroll Officers work collaboratively as a part of a high performing payroll team. You will proactively contribute to the provision of customer centric payroll services in accordance to relevant awards, agreements and legislative conditions within the Department and NSW public sector culture and values.
Bringing your robust knowledge and experience of payroll functions, and processes, you will provide exceptional customer service and advice, responding to and resolving complex enquiries, issues and requests for support. As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in the development of other payroll staff through coaching and mentoring, as well as drive continuous improvement initiatives, supporting the implementation of streamlined functions and processes.
This is a great opportunity to further develop your skills and your career with an organisation that offers a diversity of activities, and values continuous improvements and innovation.
Why join our team?
- Fantastic Team Culture – Be a part of collegiate and hard-working teams who approach their busy day-to-day work with good humour and a sense of fun
- Genuine long-term career opportunities – The department offers great internal training and career development opportunities to promote success
- Flexible Working – not only in hours but location. Our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self
- Diverse Range of Complex, Rewarding and Engaging work
- Focus on Wellbeing and Work/Life Balance – Flex leave can be accrued in addition to the 20 annual leave days; access to a Fitness Passport (
); DPHI Work Mates peer support program and much more
The key to your success will be your demonstrated work experience and knowledge in the end-to-end payroll processes and functions. You will be highly resilient, with an ability to meet competing deadlines, monitor and determine work priorities and the flexibility to respond and adapt to changing work demands as required.
You will be process-driven, utilising your high attention to detail to maintain accuracy, with an analytical approach and lateral problem-solving skills. You enjoy working collaboratively as a member of high performing team and are also self-motivated to work independently to deliver our commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
Ideally you will have used SAP Success Factors, possess strong excel skills and have a systems approach.
For more information read the full Role Description:
For more information from LinkedIn hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The (DPHI) are building the future of NSW through delivering diverse planning, housing solutions and infrastructure across the state. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.?
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPHI supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday, 4th February 2024 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Lee Otukolo; Senior Manager Payroll Shared Services via .
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us on , , and .