Temporary full-time appointment for a period up to 3 years from Entry on Duty Date
Locations: Glenfield, Nirimba and Bathurst
About the role
Supporting schools in the implementation of quality teaching, professional learning and education and training to meet the needs of all students including students at risk.
Promoting, supporting and coordinating the provision of senior pathways including vocational education programs in schools, by working with industry, TAFE NSW, universities and other providers and partners.
Please address the selection criteria in relation to the Statement of Duties for the position in your application. Please note that it is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.
Permanent teachers taking up non-school based temporary appointments, the right of return to their substantive position has been extended to up to 3 years.
The current transitional arrangement for the recruitment of Non-School Based Teaching Service positions, has been extended to include all Senior Education Officer 1 (SEO1) and Senior Education 2 (SEO2) positions across the Department.
Applicants should refer to the transitional arrangements for further information.
This is a child-related role. If you are the successful applicant you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check and in addition your employment may be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Existing internal employees are encouraged to refer to the vacation guide for teachers taking up a temporary Non-School Based Teaching Service position.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following:
Key Application Responses
- Teaching qualifications and recent school based experience within the K-12 range
- Demonstrated commitment to participating in and managing accreditation processes
- Proven ability to liaise and negotiate with a range of stakeholders and work collaboratively within and across teams
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and experience in the preparation of documents including briefings, reports and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to build the capacity of staff through the development and delivery of innovative programs and services
- Demonstrated capacity to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with agreed quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement strategic initiatives and innovative practices that support education change for improved student learning outcomes
- Experience in leading curriculum implementation and demonstrated understanding of current trends, vocational education, RTO compliance, resources, quality teaching & assessment practice, relevant legislation and policies.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal education policies. (Please find Aboriginal Education Review – Information)