Strategy & Policy
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees, and people with disability. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
- Ongoing role – flexible work options available – we believe in a work-life balance!
- Located: anywhere in NSW including Sydney, with a preference given to Regional NSW
- Offering an attractive salary starting from $126,120pa
We are currently recruiting for an ongoing Senior Legal Officer role
The Senior Legal Officer, Primary Industries Law, provides expert legal advice and legislative support in areas including natural resource management, animal welfare and biosecurity.
In the role you will provide advice on and exercise professional judgement on diverse, legal, legislative and related policy issues. You will be involved in the development of legislative and regulatory amendments, including legislative drafting.
This role is in the small but dynamic and supportive Legal and Governance division of the Department of Regional NSW.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Eligible to hold a current practising certificate in NSW.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of statutory interpretation and administrative law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and at a senior level in a legal team and to manage challenging workloads and competing deadlines.
- Having a strong team culture is really important to us, so it is essential that you are a team player who can bring creative ideas to the table
For more information about this opportunity, click here to view the role description.
Help build Regional NSW: The work is fast-paced and varied. You will be working on issues that make the headlines, working as part of a team that solves problems to improve the State and make it a great place to live, work and play. If you have the above skills, then we would love to hear from you!
Why work for DRNSW?
Flexibility and Inclusion
We strive to reflect the community we serve and encourage our people to explore new ways of working across regional NSW. We are open to arrangements that help individuals balance their work and life commitments. We embrace difference and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Exciting career pathways and opportunities
We offer vibrant and exciting career paths for people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills. Once you join the NSW Government, you’ll be supported to develop your skills and expertise through ongoing training, and opportunities to move easily from role to role, and agency to agency across the entire NSW Government.
Providing a safe, supportive, ethical, diverse and inclusive workplace for our people is one of our priorities. We run a variety of programs and provide a range of supporting resources to ensure the wellbeing of all our people.
All applications must be submitted online and should include your current resume and a cover letter of no more than 2 pages describing your legal experience and capabilities that are relevant to this role. We note that the focus capabilities for this role are set out in the role description.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please contact Felicity Millner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must submit your application by Sunday 03 July 2022 11:55pm
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.