NSW Government Western NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time (Job Share Considered)
Position Classification: Senior Clinical Psychologist
Remuneration: $134,432.00 – $142,133.00 pa (+ superannuation + salary packaging options are available to reduce your taxable income and increase your take-home pay)
Requisition ID: REQ461534
Location: Orange, NSW – Find out more
Hours Per Week: 38
Applications Close: 18 February 2024 – 11:59pm
Senior Clinical Psychologist – Forensic Specialty
Macquarie Medium Secure Unit, Bloomfield Hospital
About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Clinical Psychologist with a high level knowledge of working with adults with severe mental illness and/ or offending behaviour. This role would also suit a Senior Forensic Psychologist or Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist and is vacant due to the retirement of the incumbent Senior Clinical Psychologist.
In this position, you will provide a high-quality, evidence-informed psychological service within the Macquarie Medium Secure Unit of Bloomfield Hospital, while also working alongside the Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network (JH & FMHN). The position works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and a range of external stakeholders to enhance the assessment, diagnosis, case-formulation and treatment of forensic patients.
The Macquarie unit is a 20 bed all male ward at Bloomfield Hospital in Orange NSW. The ward is fully staffed with a mix of disciplines including medicine, nursing, social work, occupational therapy, education, dietetics, and physiotherapy. This is a state-wide unit, one of only three in NSW, and offers a full rehabilitation program, including supporting patients in their community discharge.
In this role you will be part of a large team of psychologists and mental health professionals at the Bloomfield Hospital and supported by the forensic health network. Bloomfield campus is the largest rural mental health campus in Australia, providing a variety of mental health support, specialist treatment programs and unique models of care.
We offer flexible work practices, leadership and training opportunities. You’ll have access to the latest equipment and resources including a full test library, new books and information access. We support your professional development with peak organisations and you’ll have the opportunity to participate in research including cognitive rehabilitation research with Kings in London and publish papers.
The position is based in Orange NSW, a vibrant regional city offering a great lifestyle something for everyone at every stage in life. The region boasts easy access to modern city infrastructure, services and culture, pristine natural environment and an unspoilt natural beauty in the landscape which enjoys four distinct seasons in the year; a full culture, food and arts event calendar and a safe and secure place to live and raise a family as part of a friendly community.
A career with Western NSW means you can challenge yourself, make an impact and shape the future of rural health. To explore the benefits of a career in our Local Health District, visit the WNSWLHD website.
To apply for this role:
- Create a profile in the Recruitment & Onboarding (ROB) System or sign in using your existing login
- Upload your current resume
- Answer the selection criteria
Role-related enquiries: Please contact Rebecca Shaw, Psychology Head of Department on (02) 6369 8000 or at Rebecca.Shaw@health.nsw.gov.au for more information.
Additional information for applicants:
- All suitably qualified Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position. This is a targeted position under GSE Rule 26. Where possible, affirmative action will be applied to support employment of eligible persons.
- This recruitment may be used to create an Eligibility List for similar roles in the future (ongoing or temporary) that may arise in the next 18 months.
- Western NSW is committed to creating a safe and accessible workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. As a vibrant and diverse region, rich in community and culture, we welcome applications from all people to build a respectful workplace dedicated to delivering the best health outcomes for our community.
- To find out more about the remuneration and conditions, visit NSW Public Health System Awards
- For more information, visit a Guide to Employment with WNSWLHD