Senior Analyst, Policy, Research and Consultation
- Expressions of Interest to join Engagement, Operations and Governance a Group within the Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade
- Clerk Grade 9/10 with starting salary of $120,859
- Temporary role until November 2024, based in Sydney or Orange NSW
About the Role
The Policy, Performance and Compliance team have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst to support DEIT’s Policy, Research and Consultation team. This role will be a temporary opportunity until November 4th 2024.
In the role, you will manage projects, research and analytical exercises that contribute to the design, development and performance of investment, trade and economic development activities for DEIT. You will also contribute to the continuous improvement of project team management, methodologies, software and modelling techniques by developing and maintain networks and stakeholder relationships.
The role can be based in Sydney or Orange. Orange is a vibrant town known for its excellent local produce, impressive vineyards, fine dining restaurants and outdoor activities. Orange is arguably the hub of medical and health expertise outside Sydney and is home to excellent schools and tertiary education institutions. This role will allow you the opportunity to grow your career and work hard, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
This is a great opportunity to help the NSW Government by providing economic research, analysis and advice on a wide range of industry, regional and economic issues to develop policy and inform investment decisions.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Milo Lucich, Associate Director, Policy, Research and Consultation via
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as economics, econometrics or public policy, or demonstrated equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Experience in applying economic principles, undertaking research projects, analysing results to develop policy options, and clearly communicating complex economic analysis in various forms.
- Experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and policy development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally, to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A keen eye for detail.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! To learn more about the role, please view the Role Description .
How to Apply!
Your application must include a cover letter and an up-to-date resume that details your capabilities and experience in relation to the above role.
Ongoing and temporary employees are eligible to apply for this EOI. Contractors are encouraged to apply to any externally advertised roles.
Closing Date: Friday, 16th February 2024 [10.00am]
Clerk Grade 9/10 $120,859 – $133,183 plus 11% superannuation and annual leave loading.
For any questions regarding the recruitment please contact Laura Steele, Talent Advisor via
Working at the
Enterprise, Investment and Trade (EIT) helps make NSW the best place in the world to live, visit, study, play, invest and do business.
The EIT portfolio brings together NSW’s key cultural, hospitality, entertainment and tourism groups alongside our leading economic development and investment attraction organisations.
We are committed to providing diversity, inclusivity and equality in our workplaces. across our department allows us to be a true reflection of NSW citizens. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
A recruitment pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles for this role or similar roles that may become available over the next 18 months.
We are open to the role being primarily based in Regional NSW, with some travel to our Sydney based offices, as required.