Employment Type: Temporary Part Time up to 1 November 2022
Position Classification: Registered Nurse 2-9
Remuneration: $34.93 – $46.52 p.h
Hours Per Week: 20
Requisition ID: REQ262897
Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network is a state-wide Specialty Health Network delivering health care to adults and young people in contact with the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems across community, inpatient and custodial settings. An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic applicant to join our professional team in an expanding and dynamic service. Challenge yourself; why not consider working within our unique health care environment.
What you’ll be doing
The position holder will work within Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network (JH&FMHN) and Ministry of Health policies, procedures and guidelines as well as Corrective Services NSW and Juvenile Justice NSW rules and regulations as set out in the relevant legislation.
• Additional Allowances apply to this position – $ 3.5674 per hour
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Justice Health and Forensic Mental Health Network is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
See what our past employee’s say about why you should join the Network
- Current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia and a current NSW Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical experience in the assessment and management of health concerns of patients with complex health needs.
- Demonstrate excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills including computer literacy (e.g. MS Word, Outlook, iPM PAS).
- Experience in conducting primary health assessments and case management of patients’ health care.
- Demonstrated advanced level of conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of the nurse’s role and responsibilities in the use of practice development principles to engage with patients/clients and guide others in the provision of a high standard of care
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary team, including the ability to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the values of the Justice Health & Forensic Mental Health Network (JH&FMHN).
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Natalie Allen on Natalie.Allen@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 20 October 2021