NSW Government Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Location: Portland Tabulam Health Centre
Remuneration: $35.33 – $49.60 per hour + Rural incentives
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ458445
In accordance with the Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme (PD 2022_025), this position has been recognised as hard to fill/ critical to fill and has an incentive attached to this position. Please visit NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme for additional information.
and develop in your chosen career role.
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) (for full time employees)
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
What you will be doing:
We are seeking qualified Registered Nurses to join our team in Portland Tabulam Health Centre in Full Time or Part Time assignments.
Your role as a Registered Nurse will see you work collaboratively to provide safe, compassionate, person-centred health care in collaboration with patients, families, carers and multidisciplinary teams.
This imperative role will see you act as a role model by demonstrating behaviours and interacting with patients/ clients, their families/carers and colleagues that reflect NSW Health CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment and at all times maintain clear, concise contemporaneous patient clients / records that meet legislative requirement to ensure continuity of safe patient care.
You will ensure optimal outcomes for residents/patients/clients and carers of the service through the promotion of best practice including the appropriate escalation of care. The role will act as an advocate for the specific needs of all resident/patients/clients and carers including those from the indigenous population or other multi-cultural groups providing appropriate care to the resident/patient/client undergoing specialised procedures. In addition, Registered Nurses also provide support and clinical preceptorship/mentoring to all staff and students.
NBMLHD: is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
Selection Criteria to be Addressed:
- Current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated experience and clinical skill in Aged Care Nursing as a Registered Nurse (including Completion of a new graduate RN program or equivalent experience working as a Registered Nurse)
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care
- Demonstrated effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Ability to work a flexible roster, day, evening or night shift across all days of the week according to the unit/service requirements
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nichole Simmons on Nichole.Simmons@health.nsw.gov.au