NSW Government Southern NSW Local Health District
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $70,049.73 – $98,351.38 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ459018
Application Close: 20 January 2024
Interviews Details: Interviews will be scheduled within 10 days of closing date
This position qualifies for the NSW Health Rural Incentive Scheme with a value of up to $10,000
At Southern NSW Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background, people with a disability and people from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.
What we offer
- Salary Packaging – up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing
- Corporate Health and Fitness program
- 11% Superannuation on top of your gross income
- Annual Leave Loading
Where you’ll be working
There is an abundance of lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW and you will be amazed at what you will have access to – and it all comes without the queues and crowds of a big city. Crookwell is a lovely rural escape high on the Great Dividing Range and near the splendid Wombeyan Caves. Enjoy scenic drives, trout fishing, farm visits, it’s the perfect rural escape high on the magnificent Great Diving Range. Just 45 minutes from Goulburn and 90 minutes from Canberra. Imagine Rural – Southern NSW Local Health District
The Welcome Experience
We know how incredible a life and career in regional NSW can be and we want to make that possibility easier for essential workers and their families who are considering making the move. Whether it’s just an initial enquiry, or you’re ready to pack your bags, The Welcome Experience can provide local advice on what life is like in regional NSW. Workers will be provided with concierge-like service and information tailored to the specific needs of each individual or family.
A team member from the NSW Government – Department of Regional NSW called a Local Connector will discuss the concerns, questions and needs of each individual and connect them with the right people and services, to ensure their move and transition into the community is as easy as possible.
What you’ll be doing
The Registered Nurse using best practice evidence delivers person-centered nursing care in collaboration with individual/s and the multidisciplinary health care team. Provides supervision and support for less experienced clinicians to achieve people focused quality care.
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated competencies in and knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in providing nursing care in the context of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means and sound interpersonal skills with the capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person-centred care with a commitment to quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, delegate, and negotiate with others to deliver quality nursing care with a willingness to show leadership and embrace change in the coordination and delivery of care
- Recent clinical experience relevant to the position including evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and organise workload and deliver care with integrity and accountability.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases
This is a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive PD2023_022. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. OASV requirements also include proof of vaccination against influenza and is compulsory for NSW Staff that enter any Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or who work in NSW Health owned and operated RACFs.
All NSW Health Category A workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Australian Work Rights
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia by way of your own Temporary Visa. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Larissa Manning on phone 02 4837 5000 or email Larissa.Manning@health.nsw.gov.au