Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $35.33 -$49.60 ph (+ superannuation + are available to reduce your taxable income and increase your take-home pay)
Requisition ID: REQ460224
Location: Orange, NSW –
Hours Per Week: 8
Applications Close: 18 Feb 2024 – 11:59pm
Registered Nurse – Aged Care Service Emergency Team (ASET)
Service Delivery Directorate – Orange
About the role
This position will undertake the role of The Registered Nurse Aged Care Service Emergency Team (ASET). This position will see patients/clients that present to the Emergency Department to ensure interventions are in place to support the patients to meet their health and wellbeing goals.
The primary function of this role is to undertake assessments; to initiate referrals to other health professionals; and to ensure appropriate and coordinated care for older persons over 70 years, and Aboriginal People over 50 years who present to the Emergency Department.
The aged care teams and programs have a strong commitment to advocacy, restorative care and reablement back to wellness and independence. The position will enjoy cooperation and support within a strong leadership team and can expect significant challenges in a changing aged care environment which needs to respond to a growing patient population and commonwealth and state health reforms impacting on operations.
To find out more about the role click to view the
A career with Western NSW means you can challenge yourself, make an impact and shape the future of rural health. To explore the benefits of a career in our Local Health District, visit the .
To apply for this role:
· Click ‘Apply’
· Create a profile in the Recruitment & Onboarding (ROB) System or sign in using your existing login
· Upload your current resume
· Answer the selection criteria
Role-related enquiries: Please contact Leah Crow, Nurse Manager – Aged Care Assessment Services on 0467 963 163 or at for more information.
Additional information for applicants:
· All suitably qualified Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position. This is a targeted position under . Where possible, affirmative action will be applied to support employment of eligible persons.
· This recruitment may be used to create an Eligibility List for similar roles in the future (ongoing or temporary) that may arise in the next 18 months.
· Western NSW is committed to creating a safe and accessible workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. As a vibrant and diverse region, rich in community and culture, we welcome applications from all people to build a respectful workplace dedicated to delivering the best health outcomes for our community.
· To find out more about the remuneration and conditions, visit
· For more information, visit a