- Ongoing full-time vacancy. 35 hours per week.
- Location: Bathurst.
- Clerk Grade 7/8. Base salary $106,025 p.a. to $117,363 p.a. plus superannuation and annual leave loading.
At NSW Trustee & Guardian, we protect, promote and support the rights, dignity, choices and wishes of our customers. Whether we are writing a Will, acting as an executor, attorney, trustee, guardian, or financial manager, we are here for critical moments in our customers’ lives. Join our dedicated NSW Government agency and make a difference in the lives of over 47,000 people each year.
Our commitment to diversity
Our workplace reflects the diverse community we serve. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and abilities. This includes women, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
About the team
The Estate Planning & Administration division is responsible for delivering NSW Trustee & Guardian’s commercial services in Will making, as trustee, attorney, and as administrator/executor of deceased estates. The teams administer assets in accordance with the functions and obligations under the relevant legislation and makes legal decisions within legal frameworks and NSWTG’s prescribed delegations.
The Wills and Estate Planning team provides a fully accredited Will preparation service, writing more than 13,000 Wills, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents each year, helping customers to plan ahead and document their last wishes.
About the role
This exciting opportunity will see you effectively leading a high performing team to deliver professional, high quality and timely Wills and Estate Planning services to the NSW community. You will be responsible for managing the teams’ performance, ensuring services meet the needs of the customers, that there is growth and an increase in our market share, and the services that are delivered are financially sustainable.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Leading your team to provide professional, high quality and timely Wills, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship document preparation services to our customers.
- Undertaking the preparation and execution of Wills and Estate Planning instruments that are legally compliant and to a high standard. This includes activities associated with pre and post-appointment transactions.
- Providing expert advice, support, and guidance to your team.
- Providing expert advice to management on the overall financial and operational performance of your team.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of annual business plans in close consultation with management and key stakeholders.
- Undertaking local business development activities, including community education presentations and stakeholder engagement opportunities to increase brand awareness and support the uptake of Wills and Estate Planning Services.
- Ensuring that your team are appropriately using current systems and controls and assist the Regional Manager to identify and monitor risks to the business.
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Undertaking quality assurance processes including peer reviews, to ensure that Wills and Estate Planning instruments are legally compliant.
For more information about the position, view the .
Application is encouraged if you demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- You have experience in developing and leading a high performing team with a culture of accountability and achievement and a proven ability and commitment to supporting customers and staff.
- You have experience in drafting and executing Wills and Estate Planning instruments that are legally compliant and to a high standard.
- You have strong collaboration skills and can build & develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a leader with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- You successfully apply a problem-solving and solution-focussed approach to your work.
Sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience in a relevant discipline or industry, such as legal, finance, professional services, and/or government.
- Willingness to obtain accreditation in Will making, Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship documents.
- Current driver’s licence and ability to travel across NSW as required.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required.
What we offer
NSW Trustee & Guardian offers interesting, challenging and rewarding work that has real purpose.
Other benefits of joining us include:
- work-life balance with flexible work options (working from different work locations, variable start/finish times, job sharing)
- various leave options (recreation, parental, and flex leave of up to 24 days per year)
- career development including study leave and acting opportunities
- access to Fitness Passport and employee assistance program, and annual flu vaccinations
Be part of something bigger. For more information about joining us, visit the on our website.
How to apply
To apply for this role:
- complete the online application
- submit a resume (maximum five pages) and brief cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining your skills, experience and suitability
- answer the following targeted questions (maximum two pages):
- Provide an example of how you have modified your communication style to communicate more effectively with someone. How did you recognise that a different approach was needed and how did you adapt your communication style? What was the outcome?
- How have you observed and monitored team performance, and developed strategies to influence, encourage and motivate your team to deliver stronger results towards customer experience?
Read: for tips with the application process.
Applications close 11:59pm, Tuesday 6 February 2024
For enquiries about the role, please contact Workforce Support at .
For enquiries about the recruitment process, please contact Lisa Smith, Talent Advisor by email: .
Please do not send your applications directly via email or LinkedIn. Only applications submitted via the online portal will be accepted.
- Offers of employment will be subject to reference checks and relevant clearances.
- A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for 18-months.
- If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact People and Culture via email at