Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Educator
Remuneration: $50.36 – $52.00 per hour
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ318743
Applications Close: 03/07/2022
What you will be doing:
We have an exciting opportunity to join Lithgow Hospital’s Operating Theatres team as a Clinical Nurse Educator. The Clinical Nurse Educator is required to deliver and evaluate clinical education programs at unit level and to facilitate learning and professional development of nursing staff in the Operating suite. The role will be working with the Nursing Unit Managers and a multidisciplinary team to plan and facilitate educational programs in the specialty area. The Clinical nurse Educator is required to implement and evaluate clinical education programs at unit level including Orientation as well as liaise with designated professional development Program Coordinators.
As a Clinical Nurse Educator, you will be maintaining and promoting a professional standard evidenced by ethical nursing practice, adherence to the policies and standards of the Nursing and Midwifery Service, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District and appropriate legislation and Statutory regulations. You are expected to be cognisant of contemporary professional thinking through involvement with Professional organisations.
In this position, you will be required to show commitment to own professional development as well as monitoring the achievement of clinical objectives and undertake competency assessments of staff whilst embodying the Codes of conduct and Ethics endorsed by the nursing Profession and serves as a role model and clinical leader in the practice setting.
An eligibility list may be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD):
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a great place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.
NBMLHD is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
What we can offer you:
Being the largest employer in the region we can offer salary packaging options, educational opportunities and support from a broad network of health professionals. With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with NBMLHD Health gives you access to a great range of benefits:
- Sustainable Healthcare:?Together towards zero
- Proximity to shopping and other services
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) each month (for full time employees)
- 4 weeks annual leave each year (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Superannuation contributions
- Salary packaging options
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals.
Salary packaging is beneficial to most Nepean Blue Mountains Health staff. You can potentially salary package a range of your personal expenses including but not limited to novated motor vehicle lease, relocation expenses and HECS/HELP debt. Find out more information by contacting?Smartsalary via email email@example.com or on 1300 476 278.
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specific Diseases:
If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health policy directive?PD2020_017. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy
All NSW Health workers are now required to have received 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
To be eligible for employment with NBMLHD you must be: an Australian Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia. If you currently hold a temporary visa that allows you to live and work in Australia you may only be offered employment in line with the conditions and expiry date of your visa.
Selection Criteria to be Addressed:
- Current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Midwife within the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
- Relevant clinical/education post registration qualification.
- Recent extensive clinical experience deemed appropriate by the selection panel.
- Demonstrated ability to identify learning needs and to plan, develop, deliver and evaluate education.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to work in a consultative manner.
- Demonstrated previous experience in clinical teaching, mentoring and preceptorship.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team environment.
- Commitment to working with NUM to establish and maintain a learning environment that values and encourages learning and reflective practice.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Karen Menz on Karen.Menz@health.nsw.gov.au