Organisation / Entity: Corporate Services
Human Resources and Recruitment
Administration and Clerical
Regional NSW / Bathurst & Central West NSW
Sydney Region / Sydney – West
Job reference number: 533464
Work type: Full-Time
Total remuneration package: Clerk Grade 7/8
Closing date: 23/01/2024 – 11:55 PM
- Are you passionate about payroll and team Leadership? Are you focused on continuous improvement and enjoy questioning the status quo?
- Creation of a Talent Pool for future temporary and ongoing opportunities
- Positions located across our Orange and Parramatta offices with hybrid/ flexible working supported
- Clerk Grade 7/8 – Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $106,025 to $117,363 + super
Our payroll team currently has an exciting opportunity for knowledgeable and experienced payroll professionals looking to take a step up, or existing payroll leads/supervisors with strong systems experience to be part of our talent pool for ongoing and temporary Team Leader roles that may become available over the next eighteen months.
This is a great opportunity to elevate your career, diversify your skill sets and support your career growth within a large corporate shared services environment. The Team Leaders manage the day-to-day operations of high performing payroll professionals in the delivery of end-to-end payroll functions including allocating resources, monitoring and reporting service delivery performance to service level agreements (SLA).
As a champion of continuous improvement, you will lead in the implementation of various initiatives designed to deliver efficiency in process, support productivity and improve the customer experience. You will also challenge and mentor your team to ensure the coordinated, consistent and high-quality delivery of advice, support and transactional services that complies with established policies, procedures and practices underpinned by relevant awards, agreements and legislation.
Why join our team?
- Fantastic Team Culture – Be a part of collegiate and hard-working teams who approach their busy day-to-day work with good humour and a sense of fun
- Genuine long-term career opportunities – The department offers great internal training and career development opportunities to promote success
- Flexible Working – not only in hours but location. Our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self
- Diverse Range of Complex, Rewarding and Engaging work
- Focus on Wellbeing and Work/Life Balance – Flex leave can be accrued in addition to the 20 annual leave days; access to a Fitness Passport (https://www.fitnesspassport.com.au/ ); DPHI Work Mates peer support program and much more
What will set you up for success in this role is a strong, well-rounded technical skillset, a hands-on, collaborative approach to stakeholder engagement, and a natural drive. You’ll be confident in being an approachable and dependable point of contact to stakeholders and employees, working in a collaborative manner to resolve issues and foster positive working relationships across the business.
As a natural leader, you will bring your high level leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop and motivate a highly effective and performing team to drive the outcomes and objectives of the department in a dynamic and responsive environment.
You live and breath payroll and enjoy complex analysis and are solution focused.
For more information read the full Role Description: Payroll Team Leader
For more information from LinkedIn hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Housing and Infrastructure (DPHI) are building the future of NSW through delivering diverse planning, housing solutions and infrastructure across the state. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.?
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPHI supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
DPHI strongly recommends all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID-19, to be so.
Applications close Tuesday 23 January 2024 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Lee Otukolo; Senior Manager Payroll Shared Services via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on Diversity@DPIE.nsw.gov.au (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us here:
Job Closing Date 23 Jan, 2024